10/07/2016

Android Studio 2.2 Ready for Prime Time!

Android Studio 2.2 Ready for Prime Time!

I've tried Android Studio several times over the last year or so, but each time, it was not ready for prime time. By this statement, I mean that by default, it was so broken so that it was unable to build a new unmodified project. To be honest, Eclipse for Android Developers has been similarly broken, and was broken at the time I wrote this.

Recently, Google released Android Studio 2.2,0.12 and it is ready to build apps for API 24 right out of the box. I'm excited about being able to start developing without having to fight to get my build environment working!

No comments:

About Me - WrightRocket

My photo

I've worked with computers for over 30 years, programming, administering, using and building them from scratch.

I'm an instructor for technical computer courses, an editor and developer of training manuals, and an Android developer.