6/24/2011

Compiling packages under /usr/local

Trying to compile packages, sometimes I build a package, and the next package I try to compile is unable to see the newly built package. The problem lies with how Fedora is configured with pkg-config, which by default does not find libraries under /usr/local/lib.

Adding a file like local.conf to /etc/ld.so.conf.d containing:
/usr/local/lib

Then, executing:
ldconfig

Solves the problem!

Another solution is to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

No comments:

About Me - WrightRocket

My photo

I've worked with computers for over 30 years, programming, administering, using and building them from scratch.

I'm an instructor for technical computer courses, an editor and developer of training manuals, and an Android developer.