1/04/2011

Dad Died Day

After enjoying two weeks of vacation, the new year seemed to be off to a good start. At least January 1, 2011 was a good day. I got to talk to both of my parents, wish them a Happy New Year, and let them know that the Oklahoma Sooners (my Dad's favorite team) were on ESPN.
By the time they got to watching the game that night, it was already past half-time. My Mom said that Dad got to watch the first half of the game in the morning. As I watched it that night, I was enjoying it so much knowing that my Dad was watching it and enjoying it, too.
January 2, 2011 Dad died. I'm struggling to pull my head out of such a funk. I'm missing how much my Dad had shaped me throughout my life, and reflecting on what life will be like for my family without him.
It's just been a couple of days since this happened, so I feel like I'm just beginning the grieving process, and tomorrow, as I go to be with my family, I'm going to be diving into it deep. Next week, back to work, and a rapid track course to keep me busy. The usual routine might be what I'll be doing in less than a week, but it won't be the same after Dad Died Day.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

http://youtu.be/O_VQIsW46lk

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

About Me - WrightRocket

My photo

I've worked with computers for over 30 years, programming, administering, using and building them from scratch.

I'm an instructor for technical computer courses, an editor and developer of training manuals, and an Android developer.