I just got Adobe Acrobat Reader 64 bit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 working, and it wasn't too easy. First, I downloaded a binary from http://get.adobe.com/reader/. I made it executable and ran it, but the program wouldn't launch.
Using 'strace -e open acroread', I could see it was trying to open a libxml2.so.2, but it wasn't seeing the one on my system under /usr/lib64. Doing a 'yum list libxml2\*', I could see there was also a libxml2.i686 that wasn't installed yet. After doing 'yum install libxml2.i686', the program started up a little further, but then complained about another missing library. More searching led me to do 'yum install gtk2-2.18.9-4.el6.i686'. At last, the Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4 ran successfully.