One way to improve security while using Windows 7 is to not use the Administrator account all of the time. By default, the first account that Windows 7 sets up is the Administrator. This leads to most users logging in as the Administrator without even being aware of it.
If you want to make the normal Administrator account active and your own account just a standard account, then follow these steps.
1. Login with the account that was first created.
2. Start, All Programs, Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt item.
3. Choose Run As Administrator, and click the Yes button in the dialog box.
4. Enable the Administrator account by typing:
net user administrator /active:yes
5. Set the Administrator account password by typing the following and the new password twice:
net user administrator password *
6. Log off the account, and now login using the Administrator account.
7. Start, Control panel, User Accounts and Family User Accounts, and Manage Another Account.
8. Select the account you first created when installed Windows 7.
9. Click Change Account Type, make sure Standard is selected, and click the Change Account Type button.
10. Now you can logoff the Administrator account, and login using a standard account for safety.